We respect your privacy.
Angel Investors Ontario will continue to review the Policy to ensure that it is relevant and remains current with changing practices, laws and technologies, and reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, and from time-to-time. Our Policy will be kept up-to-date and clearly posted on the Site, and will be current as of the “Last modified date” set out above.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual.
What is corporate information?
Corporate information is any information about an identifiable corporation.
What personal information does Angel Investors Ontario collect?
Angel Investors Ontario collects your personal information on the Site from you, or otherwise submitted to Angel Investors Ontario by you, including:
- Name and contact information, including e-mail address;
- Payment information for membership fees and sponsorships;
- References including names and contact information.
What corporate information does Angel Investors Ontario collect?
- Angel Investors Ontario collects non-confidential corporate information submitted by you, including business plan information, financial information, executive summary materials and other information necessary to determine investee readiness for the purpose of responding to your specific requests for aid in becoming investment-ready and contacting relevant Angel investor groups.
- By providing corporate information to Angel Investors Ontario, you represent that you have the authority to do so.
- By providing corporate information to Angel Investors Ontario, you represent that the information is non-confidential corporate information and that Angel Investors Ontario may share the information with its employees, third-party contractors, affiliated Angel groups and other partner organizations as set out in this policy.
How will Angel Investors Ontario use this personal or corporate information?
Information provided to Angel Investors Ontario will be retained, used and disclosed for the purposes identified to you at the time of collection or in this Policy (the “Identified Purposes”), including, but not limited to, the following:
- Administrative purposes in connection with fulfilling Angel Investors Ontario’s mandate;
- Application review and processing;
- Verifying your identity;
- Administering your account(s);
- Processing fee payments;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you, including responding to inquiries and providing information about programs of potential interest to you;
- Promoting networking opportunities between members and the investment community through creation of membership lists and directories;
- Allowing affiliated Angel groups and other partner organizations to review your investment opportunity;
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated Angel groups and partner organizations to notify you of interest in your investment opportunity;
- Providing venture development services via federal or provincial partner organizations involved in investing in companies or helping companies become investor ready;
- Supporting background research and due diligence on potential investments by appropriate Angel groups; and
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators.
You may choose to opt-out of receiving marketing information from Angel Investors Ontario by contacting us at email@example.com.
Under what circumstance does Angel Investors Ontario disclose personal or corporate information?
Angel Investors Ontario will not disclose such personal or corporate information to other persons, other than as follows:
- To the extent required for the Identified Purposes;
- To other third parties that assist Angel Investors Ontario in the course of fulfilling its mandate for administrative purposes, provided they agree to safeguard your personal or corporate information under terms substantially similar to this Policy, and to use it solely for the purposes of providing services to yourself or Angel Investors Ontario;
- To affiliated Angel groups and partner organizations for reviewing investment opportunities;
- As required by a governmental authority or under applicable law or regulation; or
- Where Angel Investors Ontario has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group.
What is aggregate information?
“Aggregate information” is standard web server/visitor traffic information, commonly referred to as ‘aggregate information’, regarding overall website traffic patterns, but does not include information specific to individual user sessions. Web servers normally collect this type of basic information as part of their web log processes. This aggregate information does not identify you and, thus, does not constitute personal or corporate information.
In addition to information provided by our visitors, we use the normal Internet tracking tools associated with standard Internet protocols and web–based systems. This system information is typically stored in log files and the information is used for aggregate reporting. Aggregate reporting includes total number of visitors, most visited sections, peak traffic times, etc.. Log files are simply transaction records web servers maintain. Those logs are used for recording information, such as:
- Service provider IP addresses;
- Browser versions;
- Referring websites;
- Search terms used;
- Average number of pages requested;
- Average duration of visit; and
- Total visitor traffic.
We use aggregate information gathered from your visit to better design and administer our Site. This information supplies us with a broad picture of how people use our website in order to help the management of our systems and to better serve our audience.
How do we protect your personal or corporate information?
Our commitment to data security.
In order to prevent unauthorized access, maintain the accuracy of your personal or corporate information and ensure that your personal or corporate information is used and disclosed only pursuant to this Policy, Angel Investors Ontario strives to maintain physical, electronic, contractual and administrative safeguards to secure the personal or corporate information we collect from the Site with a level of security that is appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal or corporate information collected.
Angel Investors Ontario endeavours to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal or corporate information.
Angel Investors Ontario further protects personal or corporate information by restricting access to personal or corporate information to those employees and third-party contractors that the management of Angel Investors Ontario has determined need to know that information in order that Angel Investors Ontario may provide its services.
In terms of communicating personal or corporate information, you may wish to note that there is no method of transmitting or storing data that is completely secure. As do many organizations, Angel Investors Ontario attempts to strike a reasonable balance between security and convenience. In communicating with others, Angel Investors Ontario reserves the right to use a method of communication that is less secure than some of its less convenient alternatives, such as e-mail.
What about practices of linked sites?
Angel Investors Ontario is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites to which it has links. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that requests personal or corporate information from you.
For all inquiries as to your personal or corporate information, including requests to access or correct personal or corporate information, please send a written request to Angel Investors Ontario, 325 Front Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, ON M5V 2Y1 – ATTENTION: Privacy. Concerns and questions may also be addressed, via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org.